We all have faced the same problem of file sharing. When we have to share large sized data files using Whatsapp, Gmail or on any other media. Most of them have an upload limit of MBs. To solve this problem we can use a third party service to store files which we want to share. In this tutorial we are using Dropbox.
Follow the guide to upload and share big fat files using Dropbox:
- First, create a New Folder where you can put your files. Name the folder.
- You can Upload or Drag and Drop your files in the created folder.
- Uploading may take a while depending on your Internet connection and size of file.
- After the document is uploaded you can share it by clicking share button as shown below.
- After selecting Share, a pop up will appear providing you the link to the file.
- You can change the VISIBILITY/ EXPIRATION of the document (for more security).
- You can directly send the link by selecting contact from Gmail, Yahoo etc.
- Messages can be inserted too.
If you are using an android or iOS application of dropbox, you can share the link with Whatsapp users too.